01 March 2007

feeling like an artist

(image from betzwhite.com)

what a relief- i am finally feeling like an artist again. or whatever i am. i owe a lot of this feeling to sketchyartists- throwing myself into a creative pursuit, hanging it out there, making connections with like-minded people- i have gotten back so much more than i would have imagined. and it is, God willing, only the beginning!

i found this neat-o wisconsinite yesterday via shelterrific. i invited her to join sketchy, but she is much wiser than me, and wrote back, "My first reaction was to right back and say YES! but now I am rethinking things. I am truly swamped. I have to say no to something and at this moment it has to be to this. I have to be realistic."

i am so appreciative of this. Appreciative of her enthusiasm, and appreciative that I got a sneak peek at a lesson I have yet to learn- how to seriously evaluate my commitments.

-wife
-mother
-daughter
-friend
-artist (for lack of a better term)
-Christian
-aspiring web mogul

Now, over the next days of my life, I will be working on what order these come in, and I imagine 6 of the 7 will regularly compete for the top spot. But the 7th will always be 7th.

*

No comments: