29 June 2007

Tangled Up


After a little sketching on an empty brain, I carved up this nice tangle. I really, really am beginning to love this lino thing- and the printing is so fun! The subtle variations in the ink make my heart jump. All these tanlges are clearly the same, but they all have a little personality- do you know what I mean?


I think there will be many more tangles to come. Just a hunch. But what to do with them? I often resort to messy circles a la spirograph when I have a pen & paper and nothing coming out. And I have surely been feeling tangled lately. But really- WHAT to do with them? Cards that say "What a mess"? I'd buy that- it would crack me up. But would anyone else crack up?

Wouldn't tangles be neat-o beads? Has anyone ever seen anything like this? I think I might be tangling some thread tonight. (Dang. I'm old and boring- I'll be tangling thread on a Friday night- woohoo! par-tay!)

Will keep you posted of developments as they untangle themselves from my brain.

*

1 comment:

Eva said...

I like these tangles.Reminds me of a birds nest or seaweed. Or thread ;). I think I have seen something similar somewhere, but these are not very common though. I liked your heart-shaped tangle most :)
I would say, go for it and have fun! Par-tay! indeed!!!!!!