11 December 2006

Unfinished Ideas

I have a lot of unfinished projects & ideas- around the house, around my brain- but I am SO excited that I finally completed a most important one for Miss Lovely! From this amazing book, and my mother's amazing translation (the book is in French), I made Miss Lovely this funny hat-



(click image to view at amazon.fr)

Here is my version-



The red felt up top & vintage wood button undo me. Miss Lovely modeled it for us yesterday after it was done, and we howled- it looks like one of those motorcycle helmets with the spike on top! Still way too big for her little head, but so darn sweet...

I found the book at Sylvie Loussier's boutique, Baghere, when were in Paris on our honeymoon. Her shop is just 2 doors down from the hotel we stayed at (which was awesome, btw) - it was the perfect shop on the perfect street. Also from her book, I want to make these in my spare time (riiight)-


I think I'll whip these up in between getting the shop built and the laundry done. Speaking of, have to go move the laundry into the dryer-


*

No comments: