28 May 2007

feeling bookish


I just finished this book- yes, I know, everyone else on the planet has already read it, I know... but I HAVE to throw my 2 cents in- this book was amazing. Like, jump-up-and-down-shouting-woohoo-I-want-all-my-friends-to-read-this-so-we-can-talk-about-it good!

Liz's journey is familiar and exotic and heartbreaking and laugh out loud funny at times. She just blew me away on so many levels; I give her heaps of credit not only for searching as she did, but for being so (apparently) honest about everything (including the unflattering and downright embarrassing).

I devoured this book, and kept thinking "I have to get a pen" while I was reading it, but I never got the pen because I was plowing through to the next paprgraph, pulled forward into her narrative. I will be rereading this book pronto, and will have my pen with me- guaranteed every page will be marked up like a preacher's wife's bible.

And while we are on the subject of books, go check out Julia Rothman's blog Book By Its Cover- it's like passing blissful hours in your favorite bookstore... only better. Joy posted about it, I am officially on inspiration overload, here!

*

1 comment:

Carlene said...

I just read this too, and loved it, mostly. But something about the end brought me down. I guess I didn't expect her to end up...the way she did (no spoiler). But up until then, I was hooked too.